- Base Wood: American Walnut
- Ring Wood: African Mahogany
- Cap Wood: American Curly Maple
- Crafted by hand
- Shaft: Steel half shaft offset
- Shaft Lengths: 33, 34 ,35, 36″
- Grip: Standard or Jumbo
The Louie MBB-1 was engineered on a stunning figured curly maple platform. A Cycolac insert coupled with a micro grooves to enhance roll and feel. Only 20% of the weight is contributed to the curly maple body. This light weight aspect allows the hidden weights to maximize the other 80% of the weight to the heel and toe areas. The brass back helps increase MOI optimizing performance. Figured Curly Maple enhances aesthetics for a unique individual appeal.
Body: Curly Maple
Offset: ½ Shaft
Head Weight: 340 Grams
Bobby Jones began putting with his original Calamity Jane™ after a friendly round at the Nassau CC on Long Island before competing in the 1923 U.S. Open.
The brother of Stewart Maiden (Jones’ teacher) heard Jones complain about his putting, and handed him a putter he had named for the famous female sharpshooter from the Old West. Jones holed a 30-foot putt on his first try and kept the putter in his bag to win the U.S. Open days later.
Being an explosive personality, Jones’ Calamity Jane putter almost split several times. He applied three whipping applications around the Hickory shaft to firm it up. Our Calamity Jane™ replica is exact, including the three whipping points.
- Head Material: 304 Stainless Steel
- Loft: 3.5*
- Lie: 70*
- Solid USA hickory shaft
- Hand wrapped leather grip
- Choose 33, 34, 35, 36” length
- Made in USA
- SoHG Approved
This putter replicates the Willie Dunn Pyralin putter that was patented in 1903. The sides of the head “are parallel and substantially at right angles to the face for a short distance, so as to aid in fixing the direction of the shot.” It is one of the first center-shafted putters ever produced and is face-balanced.
- Hand wrapped leather grip
- Solid hickory shaft
- Choose 33, 34, 35, 36 inch length
Call for custom lengths.
Our Authentic American wood mallets have a classic feel and are face-balanced, keeping the putter head square through the stroke, providing a more accurate impact resulting in more made putts. All species are locally sourced from Kentucky. Available wood Choices include:
Cherry (also available in LEFT HAND) is our most popular Authentic Wood Mallet. It is a light wood with close grain, silky sheen and warm coloring.
Maple (also available in LEFT HAND) is also a popular choice. It is a solid and strong wood used to manufacture musical instruments and gymnasium floors. The vibration dampening characteristics of Maple come from the close tight grain and provides an excellent feel of a wooden putter.
Walnut (also available in LEFT HAND) wood is hard, strong and fine-grained finishing to a beautiful luster.