Club option: Cherry, Maple, Walnut, Pear, EWM-2, and EWM-3,
Crown Engraving options: US Navy, US Army, US Air Force, US Coast Guard, and US Marine Corp.
The Louie MBB-1 was engineered on a stunning figured curly maple platform. Only 20% of the weight is attributed to the curly maple body. This light weight aspect allows the hidden weights to maximize the other 80% of the weight to the heel and toe areas. The brass back helps maximize MOI. Figured Curly Maple enhances aesthetics for a unique individual appeal. **Putter cover sold separately**
Body: Curly Maple
Offset: ½ Shaft
Head Weight: 340 Grams
Bobby Jones began putting with his original Calamity Jane™ after a friendly round at the Nassau CC on Long Island before competing in the 1923 U.S. Open.
The brother of Stewart Maiden (Jones’ teacher) heard Jones complain about his putting, and handed him a putter he had named for the famous female sharpshooter from the Old West. Jones holed a 30-foot putt on his first try and kept the putter in his bag to win the U.S. Open days later.
Being an explosive personality, Jones’ Calamity Jane putter almost split several times. He applied three whipping applications around the Hickory shaft to firm it up. Our Calamity Jane™ replica is exact, including the three whipping points.
This putter replicates the Willie Dunn Pyralin putter that was patented in 1903. The sides of the head “are parallel and substantially at right angles to the face for a short distance, so as to aid in fixing the direction of the shot.” It is one of the first center-shafted putters ever produced and is face-balanced.
Call for custom lengths.